GRACE LUTHERAN CHURCH – MINISTER OF MUSIC JOB POSTING
Grace Lutheran Church is a family-centered, service-oriented congregation located in Round Rock, TX. We hold one blended service of traditional and contemporary music Sunday mornings, a week of Vacation Bible School in the summer, as well as mid-week evening services during Advent and Lent. More information about Grace can be found at www.graceline.org
MISSION STATEMENT: As a called community of Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, we boldly witness the Gospel to each other, our neighbors, and the world. At Grace we are united as a Family of Believers, who minister to the needs of the community through worship, prayer, study, fellowship and stewardship.
- The Minister of Music works closely with the Pastor and Church Council in providing opportunities to proclaim the Gospel through a variety of styles of music, age groups, and talents.
- Position Status: Permanent part-time, requires 8-9 hours/week on average, $240/week.
Supervision and Accountability:
- The Minister of Music is responsible to the church and the Pastor for developing and promoting the music ministry of the church, and is directly supervised by the Pastor.
Education: Documented education/training in keyboard/organ performance and choral direction is preferred. Experience can substitute for training.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in keyboard performance and organ.
- Experience in the performance and selection of church music in accordance with the liturgical year and focus of the service.
- Experience in the area of music education.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
- Ability to exhibit good interpersonal communication.
- Basic knowledge of computer and office machinery.
- Direct the organization and implementation of a comprehensive church music program including directing adult choir, Sunday school opening for children, vocal and/or instrumental ensembles and soloists for worship or special occasions and handchimes for adults and children.
- Assist the Pastor and Hymn Selection Committee in planning Sunday worship and special services of the church.
- Coordinate the music program with the liturgical calendar and textual emphasis of the church.
- Provide instrumental leadership of liturgy and hymnody, creating a vibrant and positive atmosphere for worship.
- Oversee and maintain all equipment used for music (i.e. instruments, sheet music, handchimes, etc.) and report needs for repair to the Worship and Music Committee.
- Maintain a positive attitude and consistent program of self-improvement.
- Submit purchase requests to the Worship and Music council member for approval and signature.
- Support the ministry of Grace Lutheran Church.
Contact: To apply, please send a resume with cover letter and three references to: email@example.com. Position is open until filled.